Syracuse University

Admitted Student FAQs

Payments and Important Forms

Is the advance tuition payment refundable?

The $500 advance tuition payment is nonrefundable.

The deadlines for submitting the tuition payment are:

  • Early Decision -- February 15 (if you were not admitted to your first choice, the deadline is May 1)
  • Regular Decision -- May 1

Is the advance housing payment refundable?

The advance housing payment is $450 for the Fall 2013 semester.  If you withdraw from Syracuse University, your advance housing payment is fully refundable until June 1, 2013 (January 1, 2013 for spring applicants). After that date, your housing commitment is financially binding. Refunds are subject to penalties according to schedules stated in Tuition, Fees, and Related Policies, a publication available from Bursar Operations.

What forms of payment are accepted?

When completing the Admissions Acceptance Form, you will see options for submitting you advance payments.  The following forms of payment will be accepted:

  • ACH - Electronic Funds Transfer from U.S. Bank Checking or Savings Account
  • Credit Card or Debit Card
Using a secure online web connection and browser, you may use your credit or debit card to make a payment on your Bursar account.  You may use MasterCard or Discover credit cards, or debit cards with the MasterCard logo. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: NelNet Business Solutions, an independent third party contractor that accepts tuition and other payments made using credit and debit cards, charges a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.7 % of the amount charged.  This fee is established and charged solely by NelNet Business Solutions, not by the University. The convenience fee is paid in full to and retained by NelNet Business Solutions; the University does not receive any of this fee.
  • Paper Check

Please make the check payable to Syracuse University.  Write the Student Account Number (SUID) in the comment section of the check.

Checks must be drawn on a U.S. Bank.  Third party checks will not be accepted.   A $20.00 fee will be charged to your Bursar Account for each check that is returned due to Insufficient Funds.

Mail to:
Admission Acceptance Processing
Syracuse University
P. O. Box 35180
Syracuse NY 13235

If you choose to send the advance payments using a package delivery company (i.e. FedEx, UPS, DHL), use this address:
Admission Acceptance Processing
Syracuse University
716 East Washington Street, Suite 200
Syracuse, NY 13210

    • Wire Transfer
      • Should you need to provide a physical mailing address to complete a wire transfer, please use:

        JPMorgan Chase
        500 Plum St
        Syracuse, NY 13204

        More specific information will be provided on the Admission Acceptance Form

Where and when do I need to send in the Health Form?

The Health Form must be completed and returned to Health Services by June 1, 2013 (January 1, 2013 for spring applicants). It does not need to be included with your advance tuition payment.  A PDF version is available to download and print.  More information on Health Services can also be found in the Your Admission to Undergraduate Study booklet.

Syracuse University Health Services is located at:

111 Waverly Avenue
Syracuse NY 13244-2320

How do I gain access to the online Housing and Meal Plan Application?

You must complete the following steps prior to gaining access to the online housing application:

  • Accept your offer of admission by submitting the Admission Acceptance Form and your advance tuition and advance housing payment.
  • If you have not already done so, activate your NetID by going to
  • Access your official Syracuse University e-mail account by visiting
  • Once you¿ve received an email confirmation (in your email) of your MySlice Student Services access from Syracuse Univesity Housing, please complete your housing application.  

For a tutorial on completing the online housing application, go to

Do I need to complete the online Housing and Meal Plan Application if I'm not going to live on campus?

If your immediate family resides in the Syracuse area and you plan to commute from home, please check the appropriate box on the online Housing and Meal Plan Application.

If you are not obligated to the University's two-year, on-campus living requirement and you plan to live off campus, please check the appropriate box on the online Housing and Meal Plan Application.

What if I can't find the answers to my questions here?

If your questions are not answered here, please contact the Office of Admissions. Our contact information is provided on our Find Out More page by following this link.